A virtual phone number also known as access number or inward dial number is a number that is not directly linked to any phone line. These numbers are used to forward any incoming calls. They are used in many fields. They don’t have any extra charges and are affordable by everyone. There are two types of virtual phone numbers: virtual private number and virtual telephone number. The virtual telephone number is used on a larger scale in places like call centers and in multinational companies. The virtual telephone number is used to forward any incoming calls to another virtual number where a pre recorded message will be played. This message can be fixed or can be changed according to the client’s preferences. The virtual private number is used by an individual to forward all his incoming calls. This is done when the phone is not reachable. The user can set his own preferences as well. That is the calls can be forwarded only during certain time slots or during a specific day of any week.
These virtual phone numbers don’t have any extra charges as they are not directly associated to phone line therefore they is no account of the activities happening with the respective number. Virtual phone numbers have many uses and applications.
Some of the applications and uses are:
- Marketing: here the companies use many different numbers which the client can call with particular queries about respective topics on that particular number. This also helps the companies in keeping track of the number of people that each sector attracts, thus helping them, in increasing their profits by using helpful techniques.
- Businesses: in business, any company in one country can have a number in another country without paying the foreign exchange line. This is mostly used in call centers of many different time zones of various countries. This provides efficient service throughout the day.
- Individuals: as an individual, everyone would want to be able to make calls to their friends and family from different countries at cheaper rates and talk for a longer time. Same for their parents and friends who would like to make international calls to their children at local prices. This is possible through the virtual phone number system.
- Specific businesses: for specific businesses in companies or for individuals, calling cards or call back is useful. This allows the company to call the client back or in case of conference calls which are work related, the calling party can call back the other party for company related work.
- Virtual services: the virtual phone numbers can also be used for virtual services.
These are the various applications of the virtual phone number. Many companies now a day have provided their clients with plans and schemes that benefit their clients. These costs are cheap and affordable. The main aspect of these companies is to make sure that their clients get complete satisfaction. This is why the virtual phone number system is so efficient and useful.